Sunday, October 5, 2014

Mental Monday: ramblings

To many times I have said things I regret to my loved ones. This illness makes you become a different person. From personal experience, when I have a bad depressive state that is also a manic angry state, it is an out of body experience. It's like I'm looking down at what's going on and I'm helpless. Words are powerful weapons. And unfortunately with this illness we know how to use them. 
The truth about this invisible illness is that you have to be willing to change. You have to be bigger than the illness. It doesn't define you, you define you. I fought the change to become better. Because being sick is the only thing you know. But here I am six years after diagnosis and am the best I could possibly be. Do I have bad days? Yes! Do I have the power to change the mood of my day? Yes! And you do to! We can be successful productive and loving people In this world. It's all about choices. Get up! Take your medication, if it isn't working talk to your doctor! Be active, it really is the best antidepressant in the world and is mostly free. Eat well, fule your body not the negativity!  Chose to make it a good day, cause happiness is a choice. Just a side note I hated that saying at the beginning of this journey and now I try to do that each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment