Friday, May 1, 2015

Friday...... Mind Games

Well folks we just completed week one of our new workout. And I got to thinking about how this is all really a mind game. Losing weight.

I will get into the details of the workout on Wednesday. But this program is about constantly battling your mind. So in weight loss in general we are always fighting the urge of should I eat this or that and do I really want to workout.

I love the saying "losing weight is hard, being overweight is hard, maintaining is hard, so choose your hard"

For me the working out isn't the tough part it is the nutrition. I use food to cope. When I was a kid it started with a coke, anytime parents would fight or I would fight or feel sad I reached for it. Now as an adult I reach for any kind of food.

As many times as it clicks that I have the power not to eat or binge and that I want to be healthy and honor my mom, it seems like the mind and food wins.

But the cool thing is every minute is a chance to get it right and everyday when you wake up you get a clean slate. So here is to mind over matter today!!!

XOXO Erin




No comments:

Post a Comment