Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Pop... I can't quit you.... But I want to!

Sometimes love affairs start young. My first time was when I was about 6 or 7 and from that moment I was hooked. Looking back through out my life pop, mainly coke, has been a crutch for me.



Having a bad day... Have a Coke
Fighting with my parents.... Have a Coke
Need to wake up in the morning... have a Coke

Now I know what pop does to you and have always known, my Grandmother used to tell me about this lady who she went to church with who lost a lot of stomach lining from drinking 7 cans a day. But that never stopped me. I know what it does... I just don't care was my attitude!

But now being the heaviest I have EVER been, I decided it was REALLY time to stop. I've tried, and failed at this so many times that I have lost count. I even started to drink coffee to replace it so I don't get headaches.

But this year I set a goal for myself. 366 days (Leap Year) without it. Mainly it says Coke. But I have decided after discussing it with people  have determined this means ALL POP. Insert sad face here.

Here's why I asked that question. When I met Brian his mother introduced me to THE DRINK, Bourbon drink to be exact. It's a summer time kind of drink and within my group of friends I became famous for it. Problem is you uses 7UP with it. now you understand my sad face....

So alas there will be NO bourbon drink had by me this year.  Sorry in advance to my mother in law and to my friends I'm sorry someone else will have to be the life of the party!

But I want to leave the recipe here for you.

1 can of frozen Orange Juice
1 can of frozen lemonade
1 cup of sugar
6 cups of water
1 cup of strong tea
2 cups of Bourbon... or 3 ;)
mix this all together in a large container and freeze.
Once frozen mix with your favorite lemon lime soda
and you can add another shot or two in your cup!

No comments:

Post a Comment