Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tasty Tuesday

I'm showing you all, a
 new but very amazing recipe...
Italian chicken gumbo.
First lets start with what you'll need. Chicken( this time I used canned, I was lazy), whole wheat orzo, canned diced tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, I also used a spice from a local vendor Holmes salsa, but red pepper flakes or a spicy mrs. Dash would work, one carrot diced, two cups of fresh spinach, and chicken stalk.
 

First things first pour the entire carton of chicken stalk in the pot followed by the garlic, diced tomatoes, olive oil, carrots, and the spice of your choice. As far as measuring the garlic put as much or as little as you like. Put the stove on medium heat. Once the pot comes to a simmer put in the chicken. The first time I made this I put fresh chicken breast diced, this time I was lazy and used canned.
It should look like this
 
Once it comes to a boil you will then add the spinach, let it cook down(wilt). 


Followed by 4 oz of orzo, half of the carton.
 
 
You'll let the orzo cook, about 5-6 minutes.
Your finished product should look similar to this.

And there you have it. A delish healthy meal!!!! Next Tuesday I'll show you my chipotle fix shrimp with cilantro rice!!

And now for your viewing pleasure a little face time with Baylee and Riley

  


No comments:

Post a Comment