Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Self confidence and the scale

How many times as women have we stepped on the scale, only to have it crush our hopes and dreams? If you ask me to many.
When I was first starting on this journey of all around health, I like many, joined a "group" where we would track our food and weigh in every week. In the beginning it was awesome, the weight was coming off until it wasn't. This cycle continued for many months. Until I became paralyzed by my fear of the scale.  And I fell off the wagon pretty hard. I was burnt out. 

Cut to a few weeks ago, I was like many times, at 188. But then I let the fear creep in, and because of that I would eat poorly. So on Sunday I had a thought on how to get me past the 188 mark (however I am sitting around 193 now). I thought long and very carefully. I'm posting about my journey and I have to weigh myself or give my stats. After some reverse engineering I decided to put the scale away and test the theory of my fear.  

I am not weighing myself or taking measurements until January 2nd. I'm doing this to regain confidence in myself. I am practicing my tips for self confidence. I am watching my diet and doing my workouts and waiting to see what the result is.
And I want you to join me for the ride!  We can do this together. That's my call to action for you. Let's free ourselves from the scale, from our fears!  I'm ready! Are you? If you want in on this just click the contact me page! 


No comments:

Post a Comment