Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Six Week Walking and Strength Building guide: week 1



Thought I would share my tips for the treadmill! These are tips I've gotten over the last couple of years.

1) always use the incline. Don't just walk or run on a flat surface.2) don't use the handles. This was hard for me. I started by keeping my hands over them, and used them when I felt wobbly, eventually I moved to the sides of the machine. And now I rarely use them.3) When I walk, cause I don't run, I am towards the back end of the machine. It's better for your stride that way.
4) when you start to feel like it's becoming easier at the speed or incline increase it. Try just the incline. The higher the incline the better the results! 4) when you start to feel like it's becoming easier at the speed or incline increase it. Try just the incline. The higher the incline the better the results



So this post is inspired by a follower on Instagram, who wanted to know how I walk for my cardio, and challenged me to prove this works. I love walking, it truly is my soul-mate of workouts. In the past tries of loosing weight walking and eating right helped me to lose 30 pounds. 


This is a Dowell Fitness guide to walking to gain a sustainable healthy lifestyle. With this and any workout please consult your doctor to see if it is right for you.
In this program we will also include strength training with weights or body weight.
When we use body weight we are incorporating the T25 non cardio DVD’s, other days will be at the gym.


Also be sure to hydrate! It is a key element in weight loss. I drink as close to a gallon a day as I can, although life happens.

Week One:

Day 1-7

Treadmill speed between 2.5 to 2.8.



Incline- at 2 to start. Increase incline 20 min in to your walk to 4, after 10 min increase incline to 6. Stay there until 10 minutes before your walk is over. Then slowly decrease the incline until it is at 0, which should be the end of the workout.

No better time to start than bright and early tomorrow morning!! 

Want to take the first step in your health? click here or visit the Goals page to learn more and lets get started!




No comments:

Post a Comment