Monday, February 16, 2015

Mental Monday: Finding Motivation

As I sit here to right this. one thing is clear. My motivation is nowhere to be found. for anything. I don't want to workout, I don't even want to write the blog today. Whats worse? I didn't even want to start the coffee. But I DID.

Motivation to do anything doesn't appear from some magical land. If you want it you just have to start. It is something that comes when you form a habit. I can tell you that after I workout I will have a great big helping of it.

But I also must say that motivation is hard for me and others suffering from mental health issues. am I perfect in this area? Nope. I have day where my bed and a dark room in a house on a deserted island sounds amazing. In fact I want that NOW. But as soon as the husband wakes up we will workout and start our day.

What I have learned is you can't do this alone, you can't shut the people who love us out. We need support. And a success partner is something we all need. So my call to action for you is to find a person you can count on to help you through the days where solitary confinement sound awesome and lean on them, but also remember to give back what they give to you.







Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment