Monday, March 23, 2015

Mental Monday: Battle Scars Part 1

Most of us, even without a mental illness, carry battle scars, past transgressions. In some cases we even wear them as a badge of honor or pride. But for me that ends now.

For to long I have let the one thing dictate my future and my present. And frankly I tired of lugging it around. Its time to let the past go. Including my scars.

The truth is if it doesn't bring you joy or peace then let it go. So here is to my first Battle Scar. Bitterness.

I carried this anger when I was diagnosed. I was bitter and just pissed. I ate my feelings. I stewed in my pain of watching people I loved go through terrible things. And when the dust settled I became hardened. I wasn't the best version of my self. I became reclusive, I hid from hanging out with people I ran from the responsibilities of friendship and family.

So today I am letting go of those things. How? It is different for every person. I like to write and walk to let things go, and that is what I did. So each Monday for a few weeks I am dedicating my mental Mondays to letting go of my battle scars.

Today I let go of  my hurt of past relationships that rocked me to my core. I let go of the anger of being hurt by people I trusted. I forgive them and their behavior and I forgive myself. I am letting go of the trust that was lost in the hopes that one day I can have that level of friendship with people again.


No comments:

Post a Comment