Monday, April 13, 2015

Mental Monday: Sore Subject Weight loss and MY Meds.

I have touched on this before but today is different. I have been working so hard, and after Abilify I am stuck. Not only is my left leg swelling from it, but my weight has gone up. Why?

The last time I was on Ablify my weight went up (30 pounds) but my mood was amazing. It is such a double edged sword with Bipolar medications. So what do we do??

First I recommend getting a physical. When I did some things became very clear. So this week here is what I am going to try.

1) lots of protein (chicken, turkey)
2) Increase my water consumption
3) no non natural sugar (fruits and veggies only)
4) Limit my carbs (bread)
5) 30 EXTRA minutes of activity. (going on a walk with my hubby)

That's it folks. I won't let the medications determine my physical health.

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday



                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment